Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Perfect Morning View/ Mcdonalds is my friend

I am absolutely exhausted today. Being in residence...it gets rather loud at night. I am exhausted from people screaming outside my window until 1am, and then being woken up by a crying baby and an alarm clock at 5:30am. I didn't get much sleep but after Fox woke up at 5:30am for a feed, he was being needy and just wanted to snuggle. So I snuggled with him in bed for 2 hours until Logan woke up. Even though I didn't get back to sleep, it was a wonderful morning just snuggling with my little boy. I couldn't picture anything more perfect unless Andrew had been home to snuggle with us too.



A few things happened in the last few days. First off Andrew got a job yay! It's only temporary as the job has opened up due to the earthquake but money is money and considering Andrew doesn't have much in the way of classes the next few weeks, it works out pretty well. He got a job working for a company called CityCare who's been contracted out to fix the broken water mains/pipes on public property. Andrew works in the call centre intaking and assessing calls related to this. He's working Saturdays and Sundays from 6am-2pm. An early start but it's great because it's on the weekend and 2 full shifts so it won't interfere with his classes already. I think they've told him he'll work for the next 2 weekends after this one and then they'll assess their need. But it gives us some grocery money and a kiwi reference for finding his next job.

A few days ago we went to the beach just to sit for a little while and relax. I should've brought my camera because it was beautiful and the drive back horrendous. To get back we drove along the coastline and then close to downtown. There were collapsed buildings everywhere. It was crazy to see all these modern buildings fallen. We saw one house near the beach and it looked like it had been picked up off the ground and turned and placed back, the whole foundation had just completely shifted. It was obviously unliveable yet houses next to it were completely fine. Very weird to see. We also saw a mall that had half collapsed and the attached Mcdonalds was completely fine and operational. This is why Mcdonalds is my friend. Some might say Mcdonalds is crap...and yes it isn't the best food...but at this point in my life I <3 Mcdonalds for these reasons:

1) They have absolutely delicious lattes for cheaper than almost everywhere else and I get a free one after every 5 I buy.
2) Whilst I enjoy my delicious latte...Logan plays in the huge Mcdonalds play place...hence I can actually sit and enjoy my coffee without screaming or crying children.
3) Their food is cheap when we don't want to cook.Oh and apparently the burgers are made from locally owned Canterbury cows (yeeea ok). Free-range eggs too!
4) The Mcdonalds near us is sooooo nice so it's actually enjoyable to sit and eat there.
5) So many buildings have collapsed in the city....yet the Mcdonalds still stands...you can always count on Mcdonalds
6) They have clean water, so we can drink as much water as we want yay! (our water at home is obviously still contaminated)

Yes I am being a little sarcastic....but at the same time, it's kinda true. When all else falls, you can always count on the multi-billion dollar corporation to still stand. Hence...I <3 Mcdonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment